Two books that I can recommend are:
A) "The Body Ecology Diet" by Donna Gates (www.bodyecologydiet.com). Donna highly recommends eating grains such as millet, quinoa, and amaranth which do not feed candida.Donna also emphasises eating "cultured vegetables" daily. Her book instructs on how to make your own cultered vegetables which contain live probiotics. She points out that people with severe intestinal problems will not recover simply by taking a pill form of a probiotic. They need to eat a small bowl of cultured vegetetables daily for a long period of time. Remember your intestinal lining is 28 feet long, and 1 probiotic capsule daily is not going to fix the problem.
B) "Gut Solutions" by Brenda Watson (www.renewlife.com). Brenda has an excellend colon cleansing kit called, "Cleanse Smart", which I highly recommend. She also has other kits for cleansing as well. People with FM often have a Candida (yeast overgrowth) in the intestines that create a myriad of intestinal problems. Let's look at some solutions to this problem of IBS:
1) Primal Defense by "Garden of Life" is an essential probiotic in intestinal recovery. Many Fibro folk have raved about this probiotic. www.gardenoflife.com
2) Peppermint Oil, Ginger, and Chamomile calm the stomach. Peppermint oil will help stop pain in the stomach.
3) DGL. This is a form of licorice that will NOT elevate blood pressure, but will help heal the digestive tract. It will also help the adrenals.
4) Glutamine is an amino acid that will help heal the intestines.
5) The enzyme, "cellulase" kills candida without having a person go through a "die off" crisis. People who take herbs for killing candida go through the "die off " crisis and they feel miserable for a long, long time. The company, Enzymedica sells a product called, "Candidaise" which has a high amount of the enzyme, "cellulase" in it. (See pic below) www.enzymedica.com
6) Aloe Vera Juice
7) The herb goldenseal.
8) "Mt. Capra Mineral Whey". This European product helps soothe the digestive track, while balancing electrolytes.